The Tutorial Foundation School Rules (updated Sept 2019)
All students will undergo a two week probationary period on starting at the Tutorial Foundation. We encourage and expect positive behaviour from all our students.
E= Excludable offence (fixed term where student/staff safety is compromised)
B = Behaviour code (If a pattern of Behaviour Codes arises, we will be able to identify the next steps to address any issues, which include discussions with parents, alternative timetables, change of groups, off-site or out of school hours provision)
- Students are not allowed to leave the school building or enter restricted areas during school hours (Fire exits, car park) – E
- Taking or possessing drugs (including tobacco and alcohol) is prohibited – E
- Possession of any bladed articles or objects with intended use as offensive weapon is prohibited – E
- Threatening staff or other students or using any form of aggression will not be tolerated. Students must not bully, intimidate or threaten others – E
- Fire extinguishers or fire alarms are not to be touched – lighters and matches are prohibited – E
- Students must not throw things out of windows or over walls – E
- Students must attend all timetabled lessons, arrive at all lessons on time (including P1) and complete work set – B
- Using mobile phones and headphones (for any reason including listening to music) during lessons is prohibited, as is internet misuse – B
- Disrespecting staff, students or school property and preventing learning will result in a behaviour code – B.
While these rules are designed to be comprehensive, instances may arise where staff discretion is required. In addition to the above rules, students are expected to follow staff instructions – any refusal to do so will also result in exclusion.