13th March 2020
Dear Parents, Carers & Staff
Coronavirus Update for Students, Staff & Visitors
As I am sure you will understand, it is very difficult to predict what will happen and what government guidance we will receive. We have taken steps to contingency plan as best we can for future events and appreciate your continued support and understanding.
At The Tutorial Foundation, we have increased our cleaning regime to ensure all banisters, light switches and door handles are disinfected daily.
Dependent on future government advice, we plan to stay open unless we are advised to shut down the Day School. In this instance, we will then look at offering 121 tuition where feasible, using Senaca online platform or emailing/posting work to students.
We plan to continue tutoring our offsite students as normal unless tutors and/or students and their families are unwell. If libraries close, we will look at tutoring at home on a case by case basis.
In the meantime, can all staff and students please follow these instructions:
- Stay at home for 7 days if you have either: a high temperature (38 degrees or over) or a new, continuous cough. Do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital. You do not need to contact 111 to tell them you’re staying at home.
- Wash your hands for 20 seconds with soap and water on arrival, departure and regularly throughout the day
- Do not share pens, and visitors please sign in using your own pen
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
- Please cough and sneeze into a tissue and dispose of it into the bin. If you do not have a tissue, use a sleeve.
- Please make use of tissues, soap, hand-gel anti-bacterial wipes available throughout the school building.
- Please don’t enter the building or tutor offsite if you have been in contact with anyone who has recently visited restricted areas or who has or who you suspect may have Coronavirus
Please visit www.nhs.co.uk, https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public or dial 111 for further advice. We will post updates on our website www.thetutorialfoundation.co.uk