17th March 2020
Dear Parents, Carers & Staff
Further to my previous letter, the new Government guidelines state that if anyone in your household has either a persistent cough or fever with a temperature over 37.8 C, then the whole family must self-isolate for 14 days. If you are affected, please call or email The Tutorial Foundation on 0208 460 0181 option 3 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dependent on future government advice, we plan to stay open unless we are advised to shut down the Day School. In this instance, we will then look at offering 121 tuition where feasible, using Senaca online platform or emailing/posting work to students. We plan to continue tutoring our offsite students as normal unless tutors and/or students and their families are unwell or self-isolating. If libraries close, we will look at tutoring at home on a case by case basis. Work will also be available on our website https://thetutorialfoundation.co.uk/student-homework/
In the meantime, can all staff and students please follow these instructions:
- Stay at home for 14 days if you have either: a high temperature (37.8 degrees or over) or a new, continuous cough. Do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital. You do not need to contact 111 to tell them you’re staying at home.
- Wash your hands for 20 seconds with soap and water on arrival, departure and regularly throughout the day
- Do not share pens, and visitors please sign in using your own pen
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
- Please cough and sneeze into a tissue and dispose of it into the bin. If you do not have a tissue, use a sleeve.
- Please make use of tissues, soap, hand-gel and anti-bacterial wipes available throughout the school building. Please advise us if you or a student has allergies to hand sanitizer.
- Please don’t enter the building or tutor offsite if you have been in contact with anyone who has recently visited restricted areas or who has or who you suspect may have Coronavirus
Please visit www.nhs.co.uk, https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public or visit https://111.nhs.uk/ or dial 111 for further advice. We will post updates on our website www.thetutorialfoundation.co.uk